Re: Last attempt at an amicable resolution
From: Desiree Capuano <desiree.capuano@gmail.com>
To: Patrick <patrick@desireecapuano.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 22 2013 8:11:06 am
You believe whatever you want to, it doesn't make any of it true - it just
makes it your belief.  You have always put your own spin on events - I no
longer care.  Take it back to court - I am not scared and have nothing to
hide.

On Monday, July 22, 2013, Patrick  wrote:
I would like to point out that you have a history of agreeing to things when you think you have no other choice, or that you won't prevail, then reneging the first chance you get - like in September 2011 when you agreed to the terms G***** said he wanted, then the next day tried to have your attorney prohibit communication between me and G*****; or in February of this year when you admitted that you knew you would not prevail in court and "just wanted to do what's best for G*****", then when the court erroneously granted you custody you completely disregarded what you earlier stated you believed to be best for G*****. Therefore, any proposal you make is not credible. My desire to have your visitation and contact cancelled is based on my sincere belief that you are a bad person, and my desire to protect G***** from that. Your actions don't seem to be based on G*****'s interests or well being, at all, but rather on your desire to spite me and to not have to pay child support. I'm saying this based on your record of refusing to cooperate in G*****'s interests - for example, refusing to provide money for his shoes (or anything else, for that matter) when I was temporarily unable to do so; getting him a phone then cancelling it because he didn't want to visit you; living with and vehemently defending the actions of your tweaker, criminal fiancé (and leaving G***** in his care while you're at work and he's getting high). My conclusion that you are a bad person is based on specific, articulable facts - not on assumptions. For these, and other, reasons I believe that your continued presence in G*****'s life will only continue to bring grief and disappointment for him. I am unable to identify a single positive contribution you have made in the last two years. Patrick On 2013-07-21 9:58 PM, "Desiree Capuano" wrote:
You didn't propose anything beyond giving G***** back to you and disappearing. That's not a compromise. Did expect me to say yes? At least when I offered an "amicable" solution it offered time with us both in an attempt to be fair. Not your style, I know. So - do what you need to do. I am not scared and I have nothing to hide. On Sunday, July 21, 2013, Patrick wrote:
Okay then. That's all I needed to hear. I've done my part and made numerous good faith efforts to work things out and you've repeatedly refused to put any effort into it. I'll let G***** know your position and where things stand, because apparently you don't. Good day. Patrick On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Desiree Capuano < desiree.capuano@gmail.com> wrote:
You do what you feel you need to. On Sunday, July 21, 2013, Patrick wrote:
Desiree: As you know, you started a new position 3 weeks ago. As of yesterday, I put a deposit on a 2 bedroom apartment which I move into on August 1. My current position pays, after taxes and deductions, about $80,000 a year (my disposable income). The project manager is going on maternity leave later this year, at which time I there has been talk of me taking over her role, which will put my disposable income at about $108,000 a year. Since I have absolutely no bad credit in Canada, I have been able to get approved for a loan of $20,000 which I intend to spend entirely on legal fees. In addition, I intend to spend ALL of my income (minus cost of living) on legal fees. I have been in contact with a lawyer in Los Angeles and have provided him full disclosure of material, including all of our emails, and he is willing to take the case. He will be charging $250/hour but he has an incredible track record. Obviously, I would rather put that money toward G*****'s future and education...but I am prepared to put every resource I have, and to get myself grossly into debt, to get G***** back and to have you removed, completely, under court order, from both of our lives - permanently. From my conversations with G*****, it is clear that is what both of us want! School here starts the day after labor day. I have already completed the required formalities to be able to enroll him here (because he was not born in Canada) and he has been approved. I have applied for his Social Insurance number. He is covered under my medical insurance and is the sole beneficiary of my life insurance. This is my final attempt to resolve this matter amicably. I hereby request that you return G***** to my custody before the start of the BC school year, with all of his belongings. If you continue to refuse to cooperate, in G*****'s interests, then my only remaining alternative is to proceed with the lawyer. And let me be perfectly clear: if we go down that road EVERY aspect of your life WILL be scrutinized, his investigator WILL research, document and record EVERYTHING you are doing and have done for the past 10 years; every disciplinary action or behavioral report about Sage will be brought up; every single time you, Michael, Kristopher, your mother, your brother, and anyone else close to you has ever interacted with any law enforcement officer, not paid a bill on time, will be scrutinized; every past and present employer and landlord will be interviewed; every person you've lived with or associated with will be questioned; every tax return, every credit card bill, every bank account, every medical record (including psychological/psychiatric) for all the relevant people in your life will be found and picked apart (medical records are confidential but investigators always have ways around that). Every time Sage choked a kid at school it will be found. Every person you've ever had any relationship with, or slept with, or even just had a drink with, will be found and questioned. Every person that comes to your home, or whose home you go to; every person you work with, will be researched and questioned. Every person you have ever betrayed, lied to, deceived and mislead will be located and interviewed. I anticipate it will cost me well over $100,000, and I accept that.